After practicing in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and Dallas, Texas, Ivan joined the firm in 1997. His practice is focused primarily on written and appellate advocacy in both state and federal courts. Ivan is admitted to practice in Alabama and Texas, as well as the United States Supreme Court, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ivan is often retained post-verdict to handle post-trial motions and appeals in cases handled at the trial level by other firms. Ivan also provides pre-trial and trial support in a wide array of cases, and assists with NCAA investigation and compliance issues.
In addition to his membership in several national organizations, Ivan was appointed to the Task Force to form the Appellate Practice Section of the Alabama State Bar, and has served as Secretary, Vice-Chair, and Chair of the Appellate Practice Section of the Alabama State Bar. He also served on the Planning Committee for the Eleventh Circuit Appellate Practice Institute (“ECAPI”) since ECAPI’s inception, and served as Chair for the 2010 ECAPI seminar. Ivan is a contributing author of the firm’s appellate blog, Alabama Appellate Watch. Ivan received his undergraduate degree magna cum laude with honors from the University of Alabama in 1991. Ivan received his law degree from the Vanderbilt University School of Law in 1994. He and his wife have two children.
NEWS about Ivan
- Lee Hollis Spoke at International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Meeting
- Alabama Supreme Court Reverses $12.6 Million Judgment Against South Alabama Brick Co.
- Lightfoot Obtains Summary Judgment for Insurance Company in Breach of Contract/Bad Faith Case
- Lightfoot Represents Georgia Tech Before Infractions Appeals Committee
- Lightfoot Attorneys Publish Article in Summer 2010 DRI In-House Defense Quarterly