At Lightfoot, Franklin & White, we pride ourselves on being trial lawyers and not "litigators." Since 1987, our attorneys have tried over 100 jury cases to verdict. Our trials have covered the spectrum of the types of cases which we handle, including toxic torts, product liability, consumer fraud, business and communications cases and class actions. Over 88% of the verdicts were either outright defense verdicts or were for an amount more favorable than the plaintiffs' final pretrial settlement demand.
- Amelia Boynton Robinson v. Walt Disney Pictures & Television
- Clopton and Stinson v. Pharmacia Corporation
- Crouch v. Ford Motor Company
- Duncan v. Hyundai
- Edmisten v. Ford Motor Company
- Fannie Wayne v. Pharmacia Corp, et al.
- Flatt v. Leroy-Somer North America
- Honeywell International v. GA West, Inc.
- Johnson v. J.C. Penney Corporation, Inc.
- LS, deceased v. AS, M.D.
- Maggette v. BL Development
- McCord Properties, Ltd., et al. v. Orkin Exterminating Co.
- Otis Elevator Company v. W.G. Yates & Sons
- Oxy Vinyls, Limited Partnership
- Perry v. Monsanto Company
- Robinson and Lawson v. Xomox Corporation
- Roebuck v. CNH America
- Rosello v. Louisville Ladder, Inc.
- Sasser v. Ford Motor Company
- Stacey Holland v. ASCO Power Technologies, LP, et al.
- Stephens v. Louisville Ladder
- Stover v. Alderwoods (Alabama), Inc.
- Sunshine Mills, Inc. v. Ross Systems, Inc.
- Watson & Hinely v. Fisher Controls International, LLC
- Antoine Hendricks, et al. v. S.T. Bunn Construction
- Crystal Green v. U.S. Steel
- Elmer Gene Hurst v. Jefferson Pilot Life Insurance Company
- John Steuer v. Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc.
- Long v. The Raymond Corporation
- Southwest Textiles v. Robin Lynn Mills
- Thompson v. Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
A complete list of our jury trials, including a description of each case and the result, is available to prospective clients upon request. Or, for more information on our trial experience, see our practice area profiles.
We have participated in approximately 400 reported appellate matters since 1990. Most of those appeals involved cases the firm handled from the outset, but we have also often been retained post-verdict to handle post-trial motions and appeals of verdicts ranging from $500,000 to $3.5 billion in cases tried by other firms. The following list describes only those matters in which we were retained post-judgment. For a more complete discussion of our appellate practice, click here.
- Blair v. Pro-Tech Industries, Inc.
- Jernigan vs. General Motors Corporation
- Joe and Darnell Sullivan vs. Avondale Mills
- Ligon and CNH, LLC
- State of Alabama v. Sandoz, Inc.
- Treibacher Industruie AG v. Allegheny Technologies, Inc.
- Abney v. Crosman Corporation
- Ex parte Robert Bosch, LLC (In re Kilgo v. Smith et al)
- Intergraph Corp. v. Bentley Systems, Inc.
- KBM v. Avocent, Inc.
- Lightfoot Persuades Alabama Supreme Court to Dismiss Class Action …
- Lightsey v. Parker Building Services Co., Inc.
- Schuerer v. Target Corporation
- Sonat v. Lloyd’s of London Insurers
- Sunshine Mills v. Ross Systems, Inc
- USX vs. Tieco
- Vachon et al v. Bradford Building Company, Inc.
A complete list of cases in which we have been retained post-verdict, including a description of each appeal and the result, is available to prospective clients upon request.