At Lightfoot, Franklin & White, we pride ourselves on being trial lawyers and not "litigators." Since 1987, our attorneys have tried over 100 jury cases to verdict. Our trials have covered the spectrum of the types of cases which we handle, including toxic torts, product liability, consumer fraud, business and communications cases and class actions. Over 88% of the verdicts were either outright defense verdicts or were for an amount more favorable than the plaintiffs' final pretrial settlement demand.
- Stacey Holland v. ASCO Power Technologies, LP, et al.
- Honeywell International v. GA West, Inc.
- LS, deceased v. AS, M.D.
- Otis Elevator Company v. W.G. Yates & Sons
- Duncan v. Hyundai
- Oxy Vinyls, Limited Partnership
- Flatt v. Leroy-Somer North America
- Maggette v. BL Development
- Sunshine Mills, Inc. v. Ross Systems, Inc.
- Fannie Wayne v. Pharmacia Corp, et al.
- Stover v. Alderwoods (Alabama), Inc.
- Roebuck v. CNH America
- Stephens v. Louisville Ladder
- Crouch v. Ford Motor Company
- McCord Properties, Ltd., et al. v. Orkin Exterminating Co.
- Rosello v. Louisville Ladder, Inc.
- Clopton and Stinson v. Pharmacia Corporation
- Watson & Hinely v. Fisher Controls International, LLC
- Edmisten v. Ford Motor Company
- Perry v. Monsanto Company
- Sasser v. Ford Motor Company
- Robinson and Lawson v. Xomox Corporation
- Amelia Boynton Robinson v. Walt Disney Pictures & Television
- Crystal Green v. U.S. Steel
- Antoine Hendricks, et al. v. S.T. Bunn Construction
- John Steuer v. Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc.
- Elmer Gene Hurst v. Jefferson Pilot Life Insurance Company
- Southwest Textiles v. Robin Lynn Mills
- Long v. The Raymond Corporation
- Thompson v. Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
A complete list of our jury trials, including a description of each case and the result, is available to prospective clients upon request. Or, for more information on our trial experience, see our practice area profiles.
We have participated in approximately 400 reported appellate matters since 1990. Most of those appeals involved cases the firm handled from the outset, but we have also often been retained post-verdict to handle post-trial motions and appeals of verdicts ranging from $500,000 to $3.5 billion in cases tried by other firms. The following list describes only those matters in which we were retained post-judgment. For a more complete discussion of our appellate practice, click here.
- Ligon and CNH, LLC
- State of Alabama v. Sandoz, Inc.
- Treibacher Industruie AG v. Allegheny Technologies, Inc.
- Blair v. Pro-Tech Industries, Inc.
- Jernigan vs. General Motors Corporation
- Joe and Darnell Sullivan vs. Avondale Mills
- Vachon et al v. Bradford Building Company, Inc.
- KBM v. Avocent, Inc.
- Sunshine Mills v. Ross Systems, Inc
- Sonat v. Lloyd’s of London Insurers
- Lightfoot Persuades Alabama Supreme Court to Dismiss Class Action ...
- Schuerer v. Target Corporation
- Intergraph Corp. v. Bentley Systems, Inc.
- Lightsey v. Parker Building Services Co., Inc.
- Abney v. Crosman Corporation
- USX vs. Tieco
A complete list of cases in which we have been retained post-verdict, including a description of each appeal and the result, is available to prospective clients upon request.