Professional Liability Litigation
Perhaps today's most eye-catching financial and legal headlines involve situations where professionals - accountants, investment bankers, business consultants and lawyers - are under fire for work they do for public companies. Experienced representation is a necessity when professional and personal reputations are on the line. Lightfoot, Franklin & White's attorneys have many years of experience representing major international, national and regional accounting firms, consulting firms and law firms, as well as individual accountants, lawyers and financial service representatives. Our lawyers have handled all types of professional liability litigation, ranging from malpractice claims and contract disputes to claims for securities fraud and tortious interference with contractual and business relations. We draw on the expertise of lawyers throughout the firm to provide each client efficient and cost-effective representation. Our experience includes:
- Defense of an international accounting firm against a multimillion-dollar claim associated with a software royalty audit.
- Prosecution of a claim for a computer-consulting firm regarding a contract for re-engineering services for a paper-manufacturing facility.
- Defense of a national law firm against a claim of tortious interference with an employment contract that resulted in the firing of a company's chief executive.
- Representation of a major law firm in a dispute related to its preparation of proxy statements and UCC materials.
- Defense of a national consulting firm against a claim involving re-engineering work performed for a steel-manufacturing company.