C. Ryan Germany
Ryan joined Lightfoot in 2009 after graduating, cum laude, from Washington & Lee University School of Law. His practice focuses on commercial, financial services, and aviation litigation. He represents businesses on both the plaintiff and defense sides in contract disputes, real estate litigation, construction litigation, fraud, and tortious interference claims and is experienced in all stages of litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Ryan prides himself on tailoring his representation to best meet his client’s unique business needs—whether that means pursuing a quick settlement or loan workout or taking a case through trial and appeal.
Representative experience includes:
- Representation of national financial service institutions in litigation related to mortgage-backed securities and consumer fraud claims.
- Obtained summary judgment for manager of timberland portfolio in real estate dispute.
- Representation of publically-traded REIT in contract disputes with tenants.
- Obtained summary judgment for national defense contractor in employment dispute.
- Representation of aircraft manufacturer in wrongful death/catastrophic injury cases.
As a private pilot with instrument and multi-engine ratings, Ryan has used his aviation knowledge to effectively represent numerous clients in the aviation and aerospace industry—ranging from aircraft and component part manufacturers to fixed-base operators, mechanics, and defense contractors—in product liability, catastrophic accident, employment, and commercial disputes.
At W&L, Ryan was President of the Federalist Society, Chair of the Lewis F. Powell, Jr. Distinguished Lecture Series, appointed to the Moot Court Executive Board, and elected to the Executive Committee of the Student Body. Ryan received his undergraduate degrees, magna cum laude, from the University of Georgia, where he was elected to Phi Kappa Phi.
Outside of the practice of law, Ryan enjoys spending time outdoors with his wife and their new daughter. Ryan and his family are members of the Cathedral Church of the Advent in downtown Birmingham.
- J.D., Washington & Lee University School of Law, 2009 cum laude
- A.B., University of Georgia, 2006 magna cum laude
- Alabama, 2009
Lightfoot, Franklin & White, LLC