J. Bradley Powell
Brad joined Lightfoot in 1996 after graduating with honors from Washington and Lee University School of Law. For over fifteen years, his practice has been focused on the defense of product liability lawsuits, class actions, employment matters and contract disputes. Brad's representative experience includes:
- representation of heavy truck manufacturers in handling and stability and crashworthiness litigation in over a dozen states.
- defending the sales and marketing practices of a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in multi-district litigation and numerous state court cases nationwide.
- obtaining summary judgment for an airline in an intentional tort matter on federal preemption grounds.
- representation of a major financial institution in trade secret and non-compete litigation.
- regional representation of a national do-it-yourself moving company in trailer handling and stability matters.
- defense of consumer product manufacturers in personal injury cases ranging from electrical shock to inhalation injuries.
- defense of employers in sexual harassment and retaliatory discharge matters.
- advising companies on compliance with Federal regulatory schemes and providing guidance during investigations conducted by government agencies.
Brad serves as an Adjunct Professor of Civil Procedure at the University of Alabama School of Law. He is a member of the Alabama Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute and Lawyers for Civil Justice, and participates in the Birmingham Bar Association's Volunteer Lawyers Program.Outside the practice of law, Brad enjoys reading, fishing and spending time with his wife and daughters.
- B.A. , Washington and Lee University, 1993
- J.D., Washington & Lee University School of Law, 1996 cum laude
- Alabama, 1996
Lightfoot, Franklin & White, LLC