Kevin E. Clark
Kevin Clark is a partner in the firm. In 1998-1999, he clerked for the Honorable Bernice B. Donald, United States District Judge for the Western District of Tennessee. His practice consists of general civil defense litigation, with an emphasis on toxic torts, product liability, consumer fraud and employment discrimination, including the defense of class action lawsuits. He regularly appears before state and federal courts in Alabama and has tried several jury cases.
Kevin is active in several national and local legal associations. He has been especially active in the Defense Research Institute (DRI), as set forth in more detail below:
- Served on the planning committee for DRI's Toxic Torts & Environmental Law Seminar from 2005 to the present;
- Served as Program Vice Chair for the 2008 DRI Toxic Torts & Environmental Law Seminar;
- Served as Program Vice Chair for the 2007 DRI Diversity for Success Seminar;
- Served as Program Chair for the 2008 DRI Diversity for Success Seminar;
- Served on the planning committee for DRI’s 2009 Diversity for Success Seminar;
- Served as Program Chair for the 2009 DRI Toxic Torts & Environmental Law Seminar;
- Served as Chair for the DRI Toxic Torts & Environmental Law Committee (2010-12).
Kevin has spoken at several legal seminars, including the DRI Toxic Torts & Environmental Law Seminar, DRI's Best Practices for Law Firm Profitability Seminar and DRI’s first annual Diversity for Success Seminar. Kevin also is a member of the American Bar Association, the National Bar Association, the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, the Alabama Lawyers Association and the Magic City Bar Association. He was appointed to the Birmingham Bar Association’s 2007 Task Force on Diversity Initiatives and served on the Alabama State Bar Diversity in the Profession Committee. Kevin is a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America and is recognized for product liability defense in the 2013 edition of Alabama Super Lawyers and was selected as a Rising Star in the publication's 2010 and 2012 editions.
In addition to these law-related activities, Kevin served on the University of Tennessee Alumni Association's Board of Governors from 2004-2010. He was elected to serve as Treasurer for the University of Tennessee Alumni Association ("UTAA") for the 2006-07 fiscal year. He served on the Executive Committee for the UTAA and the UTAA Strategic Planning Steering Committee.
Kevin earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He earned his juris doctorate degree from Vanderbilt University School of Law, where he served as Associate Justice of the Moot Court Board and Research Editor for the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law. Kevin, who was a Wade Scholar at Vanderbilt School of Law, also won Best Oralist Award for the 2L Moot Court Competition and the 1L Appellate Advocacy Program.
Kevin is a proud husband and father of three, including a set of fraternal twins.
- B.S., University of Tennessee, 1995 summa cum laude
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1998
- Alabama, 1998
Lightfoot, Franklin & White, LLC