Laura H. Peck
Laura's practice is devoted to civil litigation, including healthcare litigation, professional medical liability, pharmaceutical liability, labor and employment litigation, insurance litigation and appellate advocacy. She has tried over 25 civil cases before a jury and has successfully argued before the Alabama Supreme Court. Laura serves on Brookwood Medical Center’s Ethics Committee, and she frequently speaks to professional groups about litigation and employment issues.
- Obtained a dismissal without trial of 25 medical malpractice cases in the past two years.
- Currently defending a physician in a defamation case.
- Obtained affirmance by the Alabama Supreme Court of judgment as a matter of law entered in favor of psychiatrist, who was accused of negligently causing the death of a patient who committed suicide following her discharge from the hospital.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a physician in a case involving complications following a surgical procedure.
- Obtained a complete dismissal of wrongful death claims against a physician in Federal Court based on a Daubert challenge.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a hospital in a medical negligence case.
- B.S., University of Kentucky, 1983
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1986
- Alabama, 1986
Lightfoot, Franklin & White, LLC