Lightfoot provides litigation services to a wide variety of clients in matters involving the establishment, protection and defense of trade-secret and intellectual-property rights. We regularly represent our clients in patent, trademark, and copyright-infringement actions, as well as actions related to unfair and deceptive trade practices and false advertising. We have significant experience litigating disputes related to contract provisions intended to protect intellectual property, confidential information and trade secrets, including non-disclosure agreements, covenants-not-to-compete and other restrictive covenants. On numerous occasions, our lawyers have pursued emergency relief in federal and state courts to protect against the loss or infringement of IP rights and trade secrets, including obtaining and defending against temporary restraining orders and preliminary and permanent injunctions. For example, our lawyers have:
- Represented a manufacturer of paper products in a false advertising case brought pursuant to Section 43 of the Lanham Act. Plaintiff sought preliminary and permanent injunctions after our client aired a nationally-televised comparison commercial which plaintiff alleged falsely represented the quality of its product.
- Obtained relief for a sports memorabilia manufacturer in an injunction proceeding against vendors that copied designs for promotions.
- Represented a pharmaceutical company seeking to permanently enjoin a competitor from manufacturing and selling certain generic drugs after our client's trade secret information was leaked to the competitor by an employee.
- Represented numerous national and international securities and insurance broker-dealers, as well as individual securities and insurance brokers, in TRO and preliminary injunction proceedings regarding non-compete and non-disclosure agreements.
- Represented a hospital supply company in proceedings against a former employee and his newly-formed company for theft of trade secrets and violation of a non-compete/non-disclosure agreement.
- Represented a vendor of plush toys in a trademark infringement action.
- National counsel for product designer and manufacturer including issues related to defense of patent infringement and copyright claims.
- Defended several major motion picture and television studios in defense of copyright, false light and libel claims.
Lightfoot, Franklin & White, LLC