The successful defense of pharmaceutical and medical-device manufacturers requires a deep knowledge of FDA laws and regulations and product-liability law, but also demands that a lawyer be well-versed in such complicated disciplines as pharmacology, toxicology, epidemiology, medicine, and biomedical engineering. The learning curve can be steep in these cases, and it pays to have lawyers with experience. For years, the lawyers of Lightfoot have worked hand in hand with leading manufacturers and top experts to develop innovative approaches to defending and trying high-stakes pharmaceutical and medical device cases. Our lawyers have represented manufacturers in both individual and large, multi-plaintiff litigation involving:
- Prescription pain medications
- Anti-coagulant and anti-platelet medications
- Hyperactivity disorder medications
- Diet drugs
- Over-the-counter medications
- Blood products
- Knee and hip prostheses
- Latex gloves
- Breast implants
- Intravenous pumps
- Heart monitors
- Infant monitors
- Contrast Agents
Our expertise includes the management of mass tort cases, and we have the resources to adequately staff and provide the latest technology required to defend such matters. For example, Lightfoot lawyers have:
- Represented leading pharmaceutical manufacturers in hundreds of substantial pieces of litigation involving phen/fen diet drugs, OxyContin, phenylpropanolamine (PPA) and other medications.
- Represented a major breast-implant manufacturer, which resulted in the successful defense or resolution of over 1,000 individual cases.
- Defended manufacturers of intravenous pumps, cardiac monitoring systems, respirators, contrast agents, baby monitors and other medical devices in dozens of injury and death cases.
Lightfoot, Franklin & White, LLC