Firm Welcomes Third Lightfoot Trial Academy Class
June 12, 2023
Lightfoot, Franklin & White LLC proudly welcomes its third class of Lightfoot Trial Academy participants. Ten college seniors and incoming law students from across the country will participate in the weeklong pre-law program starting June 12.
This year’s Lightfoot Trial Academy welcomes the following participants:
- Abe Askenzai, The University of Georgia (2023), Emory Law School (2026)
- Dequan Ball, Auburn University (2024)
- Ananya Choudhary, The University of Texas at Austin (2024)
- Sam Guerrero, The University of Alabama (2024)
- Kaddyja Jallow, The University of Alabama (2024)
- Fady Megaly, Lipscomb University (2023), Vanderbilt Law School (2026)
- Elizabeth Mojica, The University of Alabama (2023), Cumberland School of Law (2026)
- Elizabeth Prophet, The University of Alabama (2024)
- Sarah Singley, Mississippi State University (2023), University of Alabama School of Law (2026)
- Nishitha Shetty; University of California, Berkeley (2023); Washington University in St. Louis School of Law (2026)
Modeled after Lightfoot’s immersive summer clerkship program, the Lightfoot Academy gives participants an insider’s perspective on what it’s like to work as a lawyer, particularly as a litigator. They engage with all aspects of the litigation process during the program, including sitting in on client and team meetings, writing briefs and motions and observing trial lawyers in action. The firm will also pair each participant with dedicated mentors at the firm.
The firm launched Lightfoot Trial Academy in 2021 to encourage and support qualified, diverse students pursuing a legal education. The program is open to rising college seniors who are seriously considering law school and incoming law students interested in becoming trial lawyers.
The Lightfoot Trial Academy also includes curated, interactive educational sessions on the skills and habits necessary to succeed in law school and litigation practice. Students learn about the legal profession, including what it’s like to practice law and how to set the groundwork for a long career.
In addition, the Lightfoot Trial Academy helps participants experience Lightfoot’s culture firsthand and develop career-lasting connections inside and outside the firm. The program features several social events designed for pre-law students to get to know the firm’s lawyers, including younger associates who can offer insights into all that Lightfoot offers to those starting their legal careers.