Jack Sharman Quoted by Major News Outlets About Trump-Russia Investigation
August 23, 2017
Lightfoot, Franklin & White LLC partner Jack Sharman has been featured by several media outlets for his insight into the investigation into possible Russian influence on the 2016 U.S. presidential election, and any potential role the Trump campaign may have played.
As Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into President Donald Trump’s election campaign has continued, national news organizations have turned to Sharman for his perspective. Sharman was the former special counsel to the House Banking Committee during its Whitewater investigation of President Bill Clinton in the 1990s.
In 2016, Sharman was appointed as special counsel to the Alabama House Judiciary Committee for the impeachment investigation of former Alabama Governor Robert Bentley. He released his report in April 2017.
Sharman has been quoted in the following stories:
- Reuters: “‘Bobby Three Sticks' Mueller to probe Russia-Trump imbroglio”
- USA Today: “Robert Mueller emerging as gatekeeper for all Russia probes, and Congress is wary”
- Reuters: “Cautious Comey expected in U.S. hearing on Trump-Russia probes”
- Bloomberg: “Comey Hearing Pits Ex-FBI Chief Against Trump Over Russia Probes”
- Globe & Mail (Canada): “Senate intelligence panel wants to interview everyone at Trump Jr.-Russia meeting”
- Washington Post: “Why is the FBI so interested in Paul Manafort that agents were literally at his door before dawn?”
- Business Insider: “The FBI conducted a predawn raid of Paul Manafort's home as part of its Russia investigation”
- New York Times: “Manafort’s Home Searched as Part of Mueller Inquiry”
He was also interviewed on MSNBC’s “11th Hour with Brian Williams:”