Jack Sharman Quoted by Major News Outlets on SBF Indictment, Jan. 6 Investigation
January 12, 2023
Lightfoot, Franklin & White LLC partner Jack Sharman has been featured by several media outlets for his perspectives on the indictment of Samuel Bankman-Fried, the founder and former CEO of cryptocurrency exchange FTX, and the Congressional investigation of the events of January 6, 2021.
Sharman was quoted in the following stories:
- Associated Press: "FTX founder charged in scheme to defraud crypto investors"
- Reuters: “FTX founder Bankman-Fried’s bail denial could increase chance of extradition”
- New York Post: “Lawyers explain why Sam Bankman-Fried has ‘no easy path’ forward after possible flip of ex-lover Caroline Ellison”
- Blockworks: “What Sam Bankman-Fried’s New Attorney is Getting Himself Into”
- The Guardian: “Year of the tech grifter: will Silicon Valley ever learn from its mistakes?”
- Semafor: “Did Cassidy Hutchinson’s old Trump-linked lawyer commit a crime?”
Sharman has practiced law for more than 30 years and leads the firm’s White-Collar Criminal Defense and Corporate Investigations practice. He was the former special counsel to the House Banking Committee during its Whitewater investigation of President Bill Clinton in the 1990s. In 2016, he was appointed as special counsel to the Alabama House Judiciary Committee for the impeachment investigation of former Alabama Governor Robert Bentley.