Lightfoot, Franklin & White Hosts Third Annual Women’s Event
July 17, 2019
The women of Lightfoot, Franklin & White LLC hosted their third annual networking event on July 16. The “Grace & Grit” evening at the Roots & Revelry Ballroom in Birmingham focused on the importance of raising fearless girls to become strong women.
A panel of local women shared how they are working to equip the next generation of girls to overcome challenges and succeed. Speakers included:
● Onna Cunningham, Board of Directors, Girl Scouts of North-Central Alabama
● Connie Hill, Ph.D., President and CEO, Girls Inc. of Central Alabama
● Stella Kontos, 2019 Miss Jefferson County
● Rebecca McWilliams, Executive Director, Girls on the Run Birmingham
● Ronda Robinson, Owner, Carmine Communications
The panelists discussed goal-setting, the power of self-talk, helping girls discover their passion and navigating a society dominated by social media, among other topics.
“We’re proud to continue our tradition of celebrating and learning from inspiring local women,” said Lightfoot managing partner Melody Eagan. “As a firm, we support and encourage women to be leaders, both professionally and in our communities. Our hope is that this annual gathering empowers others to do the same.”
Last year’s evening honored female leaders in Birmingham’s culinary scene, and the inaugural event in 2017 focused on the revitalization of the city’s urban core.