Lightfoot Hosts “Ladies Who Launch” Networking Event on July 27
July 22, 2021
The women of Lightfoot, Franklin & White LLC are hosting a complimentary social and networking evening in Birmingham on Tuesday, July 27 at SHOPPE (3815 Clairmont Avenue S) from 6 to 8 p.m. The “Ladies Who Launch” event will feature exhibits from some of the city’s leading female entrepreneurs. They include:
- Emma Curtin, owner of MPower Pilates + Cycle. Curtin opened MPower in August 2016 and has now expanded to three studios. The studio also supports the First Light shelter for homeless women and children.
- Mary Meadows Livingston, president and founder of Abeona Wealth. Livingston left a large financial planning firm to open Abeona when she realized how intimidated most of her female clients were by financial planning and investing. To help close the gender investing gap, she founded her company last year around financially empowering clients.
- Mary Glenn McElveen, founder of MG Style. McElveen recognized the need for an affordable and approachable style consultant for modern young women in the Birmingham area. She approaches each client like a journey, carefully considering what they need to bring out their style confidence.
- Charlesia McLin, owner of Dental Wellness Center of Birmingham. McLin opened her practice in downtown Birmingham in 2016 with the goal of leading patients to holistic health by promoting oral care. She is dedicated to providing the highest level of dental medicine with friendly, compassionate service.
- Tanesha Sims-Summers, founder and CEO of Naughty But Nice Kettle Corn Co. Sims-Summers left a career in male-dominated corporate America to fulfill her lifelong destiny of becoming an entrepreneur. What started as a passion project has turned into tremendous success and a purposeful company that encompasses everyting she stands for - mentorship, mental health, family, and healthy communities.
- Handley McCrory, owner and founder of Handley Breaux Designs. McCrory fulfilled her lifelong goal of owning an event planning company in 2014 by launching HBD shortly after graduating college. Since then, Handley has meticulously carried out events of all types across the Southeast and beyond.
- Sarah Stewart, founder of Sarah Stewart Consulting. Stewart recognized an opportunity in the often intimidating and overwhelming process of home renovations and home building. Since founding SSC in 2018, Sarah strives to make the home-building process seamless, budget-conscious and enjoyable for all parties.
- Ragan Stone, owner of Ragan Stone Travel. After working in both luxury travel planning and international travel management, Stone made the decision to run her own boutique travel business in 2019, creating unique experiences in destinations of all types.
The exhibitors will be available to speak with attendees about their businesses, what drives them and how they have overcome challenges as female entrepreneurs. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres will be served. To RSVP, please contact Blakeley Marston at email@example.com.