Lightfoot Hosts ‘White Collar, Compliance and Internal Investigations Institute’
April 6, 2017
Lightfoot, Franklin & White LLC hosted a seminar in Birmingham on April 6 for some of the country’s influential white collar lawyers and compliance professionals. The White Collar, Compliance and Internal Investigations Institute brought together leaders from across the country who work in internal investigations, criminal defense and corporate compliance. The event was spearheaded by Jack Sharman, who leads Lightfoot’s leading White Collar Criminal Defense and Corporate Investigations practice, and examined issues including cybercrime, the state of the Department of Justice and compliance in the age of whistleblower lawsuits and the Yates Memo.
“We’re pleased to host some of the industry’s top practitioners at the Institute,” said Sharman. “Lightfoot’s attorneys have deep experience in corporate investigations and criminal defense, and we’re pleased to share that knowledge as well as learn from our colleagues.”
Event speakers included:
- Bruce Maloy, Partner, Maloy Jenkins Parker (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Rick R. Fuentes, Ph.D., Founding Partner, R&D Strategic Solutions (Orange Beach, Alabama)
- Daniel Fortune, Assistant United States Attorney, Northern District of Alabama
- Hon. John Ott, Chief Magistrate Judge, Northern District of Alabama
- Julie Gresham, Senior Counsel, Huntington Ingalls Industries (Pascagoula, Mississippi)
- J.B. Perrine, Senior Counsel, Huntington Ingalls Industries (Pascagoula, Mississippi)
- Walt Davis, Jones Day (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Pam Bucy Pierson, Bainbridge-Mims Professor of Law (University of Alabama School of Law)
- Kevin Butler, Federal Public Defender, Northern District of Alabama
Several other Lightfoot attorneys spoke and moderated discussions, including Jay Sewell, Ben Willson, Tenley Armstrong, Jeff Doss, Rachel Lary, Liz Huntley and Brandon Essig. The Institute was preceded by a brief reception the evening of April 5.