Terry McCarthy to Present 2017 Update on Alabama Evidence Law
December 14, 2017
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (December 14, 2017) — Lightfoot partner Terry McCarthy will present his annual update on Alabama Evidence law next week. McCarthy’s presentation will take place at the Trial Skills Continuing Legal Education (CLE) event on December 20, at the Hyatt Regency - Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham.
The seminar will feature judges and some of the best trial lawyers in the state, including Terry’s brother, Brian McCarthy. They will cover a variety of trial-related topics, including:
- Pre-Trial Counseling and Discovery
- Selecting the Best Jury for Your Case
- Telling Your Client’s Story: Persuasive Opening Statements
- Trial Tips from the Bench
- Keys to Effective Direct and Cross Examination
- Powerful Closing Statements and Jury Instructions
In addition to his diverse practice at Lightfoot, McCarthy is an adjunct professor of evidence law at the Samford University Cumberland School of Law. He co-authored one of the two leading treatises on Alabama evidence law: Gamble’s Alabama Rules of Evidence and McElroy’s Alabama Evidence. McCarthyalso serves on the Alabama Supreme Court Advisory Committee to the Alabama Rules of Evidence.