More than a team: We are family
At our firm, we call ourselves the “Lightfoot family” — and we mean it. Our professional staff support a group of talented, hard-working lawyers and play a key role in providing superior service to our clients.
The staff roles at Lightfoot include:
- Administrative assistants
- Human resources
- Legal assistants
- Marketing and business development
A culture that encourages balance and community involvement
The attorneys who founded Lightfoot wanted to create a firm where everyone felt welcome and could pursue the careers they wanted. That approach extends to our professional staff. From flexible working schedules and generous leave-of-absence policies, to excellent benefits, we want everyone who works at the firm to feel supported.
I have always been blessed with amazing opportunities. I began my career at Lightfoot as a subcontracted security guard. When one of the partners offered me a position as a paralegal assistant, I eagerly accepted. I completed my bachelor's in paralegal studies, and I was then promoted to a full-time paralegal. I was given the respect given to those who are sought after. I have a strong mentor and many respected colleagues who mentor me daily.— Keith Boyd, paralegal
We love where we work, and we love where we live. At Lightfoot, we pride ourselves on being embedded in the local community, and we actively support many organizations and charitable causes, including:
- Alex’s Lemonade Stand, an annual event at our firm that raises money for pediatric cancer research.
- Magic Moments, a charity that grants the wishes of Alabama children with chronic life-threatening illnesses.
- The Noojin & White Race to the Courthouse, an annual 5K run we have co-sponsored for more than 30 years, named in honor of one of our founding partners, Jere White. The race supports Birmingham’s YMCA, a cause that was important to Jere.
- The Norma Livingston Ovarian Cancer Foundation, a cause especially dear to the Lightfoot family. We participate in an annual campaign aimed at raising funds to support the research and development of treatments for ovarian cancer.
An award-winning workplace
Lightfoot has won several awards for being a supportive and fun place to work. These include:
Our benefits package
We believe in providing a competitive benefits package for all professional staff. This includes:
- Group medical insurance
- Group dental insurance
- VSP vision insurance
- Paid membership at 24e Health Club
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Spending Account
- Retirement 401(k) plan
- Group term life insurance
- Voluntary supplemental group term life insurance plan
- Group long-term disability insurance
- Free parking
Lightfoot is an At-Will, Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to pledge full support to equal employment opportunity for all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or any other protected characteristic with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion and other work available. Accordingly, all employment decisions are consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity (EEO). All promotion decisions are consistent with the principles of EEO and only valid qualifications will be required for promotion. All other personnel actions or programs such as compensation, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations, layoffs, recalls, firm-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in a non-discriminatory manner and consistent with Lightfoot’s policy.
Want to work with us?
If you are interested in a fulfilling career with Lightfoot, please contact Savannah Davis at 205-949-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.