Chandler Bailey defends manufacturers, suppliers and products in high stakes, complex cases involving catastrophic injury and wrongful death across the United States. He also handles complex, commercial disputes businesses. He enjoys partnering with businesses to help solve those problems, whether through jury trial or by developing a powerful and compelling defense strategy that leads to successful resolutions for his clients short of trial.
Chandler has led the defense of serious injury lawsuits in over a dozen states for one of the largest manufacturers of power tools in the country. His longstanding relationship with this company allows Chandler to partner with his client to anticipate issues before they turn into widespread problems. He does the same with a long term client that is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of water heaters, handling catastrophic injury and death cases for them throughout the South and Midwest. He also recently served as lead trial counsel for a Birmingham company in a multi-million dollar dispute over a long-term supply agreement with a customer. After two weeks of arbitration, Chandler’s client received a favorable verdict that will govern the relationship of the two companies for many years.
Chandler has learned through nearly 20 years of handling high stakes litigation that there is no substitute for hard work in understanding the unique industry and internal business issues all of his clients face, as well as thoroughly investigating the details of any particular accident or commercial dispute.
When he is not working for his clients, Chandler is busy trying to help his wife keep up with their two active boys’ sports and social calendars. He also serves as an advisor to Jones Valley Teaching Farm, a local nonprofit with a mission to partner with schools to provide students with hands-on food and nutrition education. If there are any hours left in a day, you can probably find him playing golf, watching Florida Gators sports, cooking, running or reading.
- Lead national trial counsel in catastrophic injury cases for a leading power tool manufacturer
- Lead national trial counsel for world’s largest water heater manufacturer
- National trial counsel for nation’s largest rental trailer / truck company for catastrophic injury case
- Trial counsel for several leading automotive manufacturers in Alabama and neighboring states
- Trial counsel for leading farming / construction / forestry manufacturer in Alabama cases, including catastrophic injury
- National trial counsel for leading supplier of battery technology regarding fire / explosion claims
Presentations & Publications
- “Pre-Litigation Strategy in Business Matters,” Business Class Action Seminar, Cumberland School of Law, 2016
- “Removal Jurisdiction,” Network of Trial Law Firms
- Benchmark Litigation “Local Litigation Star,” Product Liability, 2017
- Mid-South Super Lawyer 2016-2017
- Alabama Super Lawyers 2010-2015
- Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum, Class V
- Martindale Hubbell A-V Preeminent Rating
Professional & Community Activities
- Product Liability Advisory Council, one of 12 Alabama lawyers selected as a member
- Jones Valley Teaching Farm, advisor
NEWS about J. Chandler
- Eight Lightfoot Attorneys Recognized by 2017 Benchmark Litigation, published by Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC
- Thirty-five Lightfoot Attorneys Named 2016 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers
- Thirty-seven Lightfoot Attorneys Recognized in 2015 by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers
- Thirty-three Lightfoot Attorneys Recognized by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers
- Lightfoot Attorneys Recognized as 2013 Alabama Super Lawyers, published by Thomson Reuters